Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pasta!

There is no other place in the world better than the pasta made right here in Italy. There are so many different types of pasta and sauces you can order or make in your own kitchen to satisfy your taste buds. There are so many Italian restaurants in the United States that try to imitate the great taste of Italian style cooking. My mom has always made her own pasta sauce by juicing ripened tomatoes and cooking it on the stove for many hours to enrich its tastiness with the seasoning of meatballs and Italian sausage. In Italy pasta is served as the first meal in a dinner and usually followed by a plate of meat or fish and a salad. Pasta can also be stuffed with things such as spinach or ricotta cheese to add some extra flavor. It is common for Italians to drink red wine with a tomato sauce and white wine with a creamy sauce. Our family always makes homemade gnocchi by using potatoes and rolling them with our fingers. I’m excited to see how similar the gnocchi will be here; hopefully I won’t have to tell my mom that hers wasn’t as good because that may upset her! I am going to eat all of the pasta that I can during my stay here in Italy, I love it!

No comments: