Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Awaiting the trip to Boys' Town

Boys’ Town is a fraternal community where young children are given the chance to learn how to live together. They are taught to live in peace and feel the love of others who have come from similar backgrounds. The ultimate goal of the district according to the founder, John Patrick-Abbing, is to encourage the boys to find their true place in society as responsible, god-fearing citizens.

I have never actually seen an orphanage so I think it is going to be a complete shock for me. I am interested in seeing the way that they live and what their daily routines are. I am very curious to see their living situation including what their rooms look like and how many boys share one room, how they cook a meal for dinner, and what kind of things they do for fun. It will be exciting to learn the way things are run and if there is a leader who manages the community.

No comments: