Monday, June 23, 2008

Hand Made Shoes in Positano


I purchased a pair of shoes during my stay in Positano that I watched the owner of the store hand make. I was able to choose the color strap that I wanted with whatever style I felt was the most comfortable. The tiny sandal shop had leather soles and various decorative straps covering every inch of the walls. There were plain straps of every different color of the rainbow. The ties that were decorated with jewels were more expensive and would accomplish a dressier look. People could either buy the sandals that were already made or chose a different design to be custom made. If you like a design but it wasn’t in your size the shoe man would make the same pair according to the length of your foot. The scent of the leather was so strong that you could smell it as you walked past the store. It would take an hour for them to be finished so while my parents and I were waiting we hiked down to the ocean to stick our toes in the cool water.

No comments: